NEWS

Post Top Ad

728x90

Friday 5 June 2020

Hi friends

Good morning, friends. I hope that you’re hanging in there with everything going on. I just wanted to send a little note and virtual hug your way; it’s been a heavy week and the recent events have been extremely sad to witness. I’ve spent the past week researching, listening, absorbing, supporting, and donating.  While you may not see these things on the blog, please know that the Gina behind the scenes is listening and learning as much as possible. There’s a lot of information out there right now, so it’s been really helpful to just take a step back and be able to watch and listen to the important voices out there spreading helpful material. 

The Pilot was gone all week, but I’m looking forward to catching up with him this weekend and hearing his thoughts. I want to teach our babies that it’s not enough to love everyone unconditionally… it’s about taking action to protect the vulnerable and the suffering.  I’ll be back on Monday, and while you’ll see a shift back towards my typical content on the blog, Gina the person isn’t “business as usual.” There are a lot of action steps I plan to take even if they aren’t always visible on here.

My blog has never been the spot for news updates or current events. I’m your girl if you need to know what core exercises are safe postpartum and how to make a protein ball. While I do post some personal topics, I’ve largely intended for this blog to be a place of levity on the internet for the past 13 years, and so many of you have told me that it’s been a reprieve for you when everything feels overwhelmingly sad or daunting. I say that fully recognizing the gravity of our current events, and I highly recommend you search out ways to a part of the solution, as I have. There are a lot of incredible resources out there regarding how to take action for the platforms and causes that are important to you. It would be irresponsible for me to pretend like I’m an expert at any of this, especially when I’m learning alongside so many of you. Many other blogs and accounts are better-suited for this type of information. (Please feel free to share any of your favorite resources right now in the comments section! I know you’re a classy group of ladies and dudes, so please be kind/respectful of other commenters, too.) 

Thank you so much for being here and I’m sending a hug to anyone who is hurting right now. 

See ya on Monday and hope you have a good weekend <3 

The post Hi friends appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/2AIYXjW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad